Fiery Wide Format Forum  

Go Back   Fiery Wide Format Forum > Fiery Wide Format Products > Fiery XF (plus Colorproof XF)

Old 06-09-2011, 10:14 PM

No colormetric summary on matte media only

I am having all sorts of problems with our newsprint proofing set up. The latest is this:
Image and colour patches and job ticket print fine. The built in spectro on our epson 7900 reads the patches, then just as the printer should print the colormetric summary it says there is a black ink mismatch, then cancels the job.
Seems like EFI is sending the summary tagged as glossy ink, normally if I have the inks mismatched it wouldn't even start printing not the case here. I've checked my printer and all available settings in EFI to no avail, everything is set to the proper ink type. Any similar problems? this is the first opportunity to use any Matte K ink workflows since upgrading to 4.5, we have all the latest upgrades as well.

Please Help, Thanks
Jesse
Old 06-14-2011, 05:06 PM

workaround

I've managed to get around the problem, though not ideally. By going into the Epson 7900 menu and enabling automatic black ink change the colormetric summary does print; though the ink has to change over.
This never happened before the update to 4.5. It seems even on a matte black device the summary is sent as a glossy black print job. This wastes my time and ink. Not happy but at least I can print newsprint proofs again. Hopefully this can be fixed.
Jesse
Old 06-28-2011, 03:43 PM

Hi Jesse,

which version of XF do you use? 4.5 or 4.5.1

Best regards,

Thomas

Tags
colormetric summary, ink mismatch, printing issue