Fiery Wide Format Forum  

Go Back   Fiery Wide Format Forum > Miscellaneous > License Management

Old 05-28-2015, 09:31 PM

Unhappy Licensing Manager/Dongle problems

FieryXF 6.1.0 and 6.1.1
OS X 10.9.5

Through inattention, I accidentally renamed our proofer (I thought I was typing into another window, oh well).

Despite immediately changing it back, the FlexLM licensing system has gone, increasingly wrong.

After a reboot, the FieryXF startup widget reported the Licensing Server wasn't running, so the server didn't start.
As suggested in other Fiery forums, I checked that the hostname and localhostname were right (Proofer-Macpro.local and Proofer-Macpro).
Upon subsequent reboots it now says that the dongle can't be found. I've moved it from the rear USB ports to the front and it's still not found.

This is logged every ten seconds...

28/05/2015 21:23:57.281 lmgrd[1409]: lmgrd(1409,0xa16291a8) malloc: *** error for object 0x760190: pointer being freed was not allocated
*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug

I would prefer not to do a full re-install, if there's a way to just fix the FlexLM subsystem.

I'll just add that there have been no other system changes, I ran the updater to see if that would fix it (took it up to 6.1.1, no luck), and I've performed all the usual system checks you would expect to do with a wonky Mac Pro.

Thanks

Paul
Old 05-29-2015, 02:19 PM

Smile Solved - thanks to Support

In the end it turns out my problem was, in fact, two problems.

The host rename was what caused the first issue, and I had sort-of fixed it, but the dongle died after I updated from 6.1.0 as, on some Macs, the Sentinel dongle driver fails with 6.1.1

You need to contact support for them to confirm the issue and then for them to patch it.

Tags
dongle, flexlm