Fiery Wide Format Forum  

Go Back   Fiery Wide Format Forum > Graphic Arts Products > Fiery Color Profiler Suite

Old 11-22-2006, 06:08 PM

Profiling iGen3

Here are EFI's recommended settings and procedure for profiling iGen3 with Fiery:
1. Set the 120gsm media as the default media on the Fiery (120gsm/Coated Both Sides/Gloss)
2. Set the corresponding output profile to default. “Fiery Coated 175 Dot DocuColor iGen3 v4F”
3. Warm up the engine and Calibrate the DocuSP.
4. Print the profiling patch pages selecting “Use current calibration”. I recommend printing at least the 4 pager.
5. Measure the patches
6. Create the profile using these settings
*Colorimetric Mapping: Constant Hue
*Saturation Blending: Enhance Gamut Blending
*Perceptual Mapping: EFI Photographic
*Maximum Total Ink: 400%
*Maximum Black Ink: 100%
*Black Start: 0%
*Black Generation: 50%
*Increase Black in Shadows: 60%
*Black Width: 20%
*Black amount to extend gamut: 100%
7. Upload the new profile to the Fiery. (Note: the calibration target, or goal, will be pulled from the default output profile set earlier.)
Old 01-04-2007, 02:15 PM
UP750

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidM
Here are EFI's recommended settings and procedure for profiling iGen3 with Fiery:
1. Set the 120gsm media as the default media on the Fiery (120gsm/Coated Both Sides/Gloss)
2. Set the corresponding output profile to default. “Fiery Coated 175 Dot DocuColor iGen3 v4F”
3. Warm up the engine and Calibrate the DocuSP.
4. Print the profiling patch pages selecting “Use current calibration”. I recommend printing at least the 4 pager.
5. Measure the patches
6. Create the profile using these settings
7. Upload the new profile to the Fiery. (Note: the calibration target, or goal, will be pulled from the default output profile set earlier.)

Hello,

Have you got the procedure for a Creo Spire RIP ?

Thanks
Old 01-04-2007, 06:43 PM

Profiling iGen3 with Spire

I am not as familiar with Spire (for obvious reasons), but I think that the procedure and settings should be mostly the same except for the items related to calibration. So here is what I would recommend as a starting point:

1. Warm up the engine and Calibrate the Spire using your normal calibration procedure and the paper that you will profile.
2. Print the profiling patch pages selecting “Use current calibration”. I recommend printing at least the 4 pager.
3. Measure the patches
4. Create the profile using these settings
5. Upload the new profile to the Spire. This is the part that I'm not sure about - how to install the profile as an output profile in the Spire...
Old 04-05-2008, 02:03 AM
kcron

Profiling iGen3 with a DocuSP

Any recommendations on settings for profiling when using the DocuSP and not a Fiery or Spire? The default settings don't include that as an option, so I have been selecting Xerox as the brand of equipment and then Generic CMYK after that. I am running 4 iGens, all with DocuSP (one is actually the version 3 upgrade). I am outputting the ECI 2002 chart and reading it with a DTP70. Then importing that into the EFI Color Profiler. So far the EFI Color Profiler is giving me better results than Monaco Profiler, but I would like to really take advantage of the black settings options.

Thanks
Old 04-15-2008, 05:59 PM

Recommended Refinements

Hi,

If you are using version 2.2.0.6 of Color Profiler Suite there are refinements to the black generation for the iGen. Since you are driving the iGen with the DocuSP you should Build a calibration using the front end's method and select the Use Current calibration when printing the profile target. The 928 patch target is recommended.

With a completed measurement set, select the following rendering intent settings and Black Controls.
Saturation Blending: Enhance Gamut Blending
Perceptual Mapping: EFI Photographic
Max total ink: 260
Max Black ink: 100
Black Start: 0
Black Gen: 50
Increase Black in Shadows: 60
Black Width: 60
Black amount to extend gamut: 100
Old 04-17-2008, 03:28 PM
kcron

Colormetric?

Matt

What setting for the relative colormetric rendering intent?

Also, is there anything I should worry about in the screen before the other settings where it asks for the manufacturer and then type of DFE? I have been using "Xerox" then "Generic CMYK" and then changing the black settings as you have outlined...

Thanks
Kurt
Old 04-23-2008, 12:57 AM

Additional Setting

Hi,

For Colorimetric rendering you can select Closest deltaE. Since you are not using a Fiery your best selection would be to start with Generic CMYK as you are doing.