Fiery Wide Format Forum  

Go Back   Fiery Wide Format Forum > Graphic Arts Products > Fiery Color Profiler Suite

Old 01-16-2009, 01:07 AM

Xerox 700

Hi,

WE just put in a xerox 700, however this device is not listed in the EFI CPS when printing patches, will this be added in the near future?

Cheers
Lee
Old 01-16-2009, 06:00 PM

Hello Lee,
New updates of Color Profiler Suite do no exactly correlate with each and every Fiery release as if this were the case CPS would be updating weekly.

The Xerox 700 will be added in the next update.

For future reference, should you wish to make a new profile with the optimal GCR settings for your printer, you can just take the output profile from the Xerox 700, upload it to local workstation via CWPT (Profile Manager->Export Profile), then select it in the "Convert Measurements to Profile" stage of the CPS.

When it asks for the Manufacturer say "Generic" and the Model say "CMYK."
The next screen will then show the parameters used to create that profile.

Sharon
Old 01-19-2009, 05:45 AM

Thanks Sharron, Is there a ETA for this update?
Old 01-20-2009, 02:11 AM

Thanks for the GCR tip...

Another question, I print these patches using RAW calibration, do I leave the expert color settings on 'printers default' or turn off every attribute?

Cheers
Lee
Old 01-24-2009, 08:09 AM

There is no need to choose anything if you are choosing the raw option when you are printing the patches from Color Profiler Suite to the Fiery. We already code the Fiery Job Properties so that the Raw printer state is automatically used regardless of the user defined settings.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:08 AM

So this is the result from a generic profile from the Xerox 700.

The top sheet is EFI-CPS profile with no adjustments, generally too much Cyan and little too much Magenta
Bottom sheet is manually adjusted profile, reductions in Cyan Dmax and Magenta Dmax

These are the Dmax values of the unadjusted CPS profile: C 1.91, M 1.8, Y 1.13, K 1.98

Shouldn't I be able to get a generally well leveled print after scanning my patches without manual adjustment? I have profiled a media on our Canon iPF81000 with great results with no manual adjustments..

Have i missed something in the process to have this type of output? or will this type of issue be resolved once the Xerox 700 is included in the next CPS update? though I have included the full GCR settings once my patches have been scanned.

Excuse my ignorance, color management is fairly new to me...
Old 02-12-2009, 10:53 PM

Profiling the Xerox 700 with CPS

To get a more accurate profile and to have the Xerox 700 show up as a selectable device to profile in the CPS drop-down menu,

Install the printer driver on the computer that you have the CPS application.
You can select to profile any printer if the driver is installed.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:11 AM

I have the 700 listed in CPS.

I did a new profile yesterday on 1 media, I disable all the 'Expert Color Settings' and viola... a good profile with no adjustments.