Fiery Wide Format Forum  

Go Back   Fiery Wide Format Forum > Graphic Arts Products > Fiery Color Profiler Suite

Old 09-20-2008, 02:54 PM

Profiler suite...

Recently I would like to purchase a digital press, and the vendor tell me that I need to have a ES-1000 profiler suite, but I already have an ES-1000 with Colorproof XF, do I really need the profiler suite? I have review those software in Profiler suite, look it can found in Colorproof XF, can any one give me advise?

Thank you in advance.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:18 PM

evaluation

Hello,

Because you already own a profiling solution with Colorproof XF you do not need a second profiling application. I assume you have profiling feature in Colorproof XF for profiling your inkjet proofing system and this feature can also be used to build profiles for other imaging devices.

If your digital press is Fiery driven then Color Profiler Suite has integrated features to work with Fiery and offers additional profile creation, editing, inspecting and monitor profiling. Also included are printer presets for Fiery driven printers that include the recommended settings for separations and rendering intents.

You can download a demo version of Color Profiler Suite from the EFI website to help determine if the additional Color Profiler Suite features have added value for your workflow. Search the website for "Color Profiler Suite" and select Downloads from the list on left.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:48 PM

Hello,
Specifically you can download the Mac or PC demo version of CPS from the following EFI website:

http://www.efi.com/support/prepress/.../downloads.asp

Sharon
Old 09-25-2008, 01:13 AM

Thank you for the information, i try to download the demo version and install to have a look first, later share with everyone in here.

Thank you very much.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:23 AM

FYI, I have Colorproof XF version 3.1 with some option which is fiery option, printer option XL, file export option, Color Manager, Color Verifier, Dot Creator, Spot color option.

Btw may i ask a question? actually before i get my ES-1000 with Colorproof, I have ask the vendor, shall i get Profiler Suite or just ES-1000, they tell me that you don't need Profiler Suite, because all the tools in Profiler Suite, I can find in
Colorproof XF with additional option, it is true?

Thank you!
Old 09-26-2008, 01:25 AM

features

Hello,

Features such as inspecting/comparing profiles, building monitor profiles and editing profiles are only available in Color Profiler Suite. Control over black generation and rendering intents is also handled differently between the two applications.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:48 AM

Hello,
It would appear that with ColorProof XF and the ES-1000 you essentially have the tools you need. Without knowing exactly what it is you want to acheive it is not easy to know what specific options you may need.

I'd suggest you identify your workflows and your requirements and utilize the tools that you have today to acheive the results you are looking for. Once you have mapped out and implemented your workflows it will become more apparent what you are having trouble with and we can then suggest solutions.

Sharon